Dapo is highly recommended as a trainer for both experienced and aspiring Business Analysts. His vast BA knowledge coupled with hands-on and practical teaching methods help to explain complex concepts in simple language. I especially love his post-class coaching sessions that go with his live training classes. My attendance of his training enhanced my BA skills and knowledge, increased my confidence and aided me in securing a BA role. I would encourage anyone interested in becoming a confident Business Analyst not to look further than Dapo’s training sessions. ~ Frances
Route to Good Requirements
This industry-endorsed, 14 classroom-hour intensive, activity-based business analyst course provides the structure and techniques necessary for the “Requirements Producer” to competently elicit and represent quality requirements across any development approach (waterfall, iterative, or agile). Delivered by an expert practitioner, Dapo Bankole, this course combines lectures, a playful and fun learning environment, discussions with small-group and individual practice exercises on real-life problems and solutions, to help you better understand how to elicit requirements and develop business requirements documents to have more successful projects.
- Understand the activities in the 5-stage Requirements Process
- Learn how to recognize, classify and write requirements: business, user, functional, and nonfunctional
- Learn how to identify and involve the right stakeholders
- Model requirements scope and write requirement statements using standard formats to promote clarity and consistency of interpretation
- Practice techniques so that participants are confident in applying techniques immediately following training
- Ask the right questions and identify the success criteria for requirements-gathering interviews
- Stakeholder profiling to identify all the right peopleto engage in requirements elicitation activities
- Interviewing to increase elicitation effectiveness
- Requirements Framework as a structure for asking the right stakeholders the right questions
- Formats for writing types of requirements including business, user, functional and nonfunctional
- Writing use cases and user stories
- Modeling requirements scope with Relationship Maps, Process Maps, Context and Use Case Diagrams
- Ink-Free Sign-Off™, a proven review process
- Change Control
- Business, User, System Levels
- Business Requirement
- User Requirement
- Functional Requirement
- Nonfunctional Requirement
- Relationship Map
- Process Map
- Context Diagram
- Use Case Diagram
- Logical Requirement Sets
- Requirements Definition (Traditional)
- Use Case (Iterative)
- User Story (Agile)
- Ask Good Questions; Get Better Results
- Elicitation Interview
- Stakeholder Profiling
- Ink-Free Sign-Off (Validation/Review)
- Weekday training starts at 8:30am and ends at 4:30pm, with 45minutes scheduled for lunch served approximately 11:45am to 12:30pm.
- Weekend (Saturdays) training starts at 9:30am.
I will communicate how to join the online class after payment.
- New and Experienced Business Analysts
- Requirements Producers
- Project Managers
- Product Owners
- Agile Development Team Members
The group coaching sessions come with private monthly webinars where I lead the group in the usage of cutting edge tools and techniques, provide very practical answers to any BA/project related questions, discuss industry trends and local full-time or consulting opportunities.
For those who sign up for my 1:1 coaching sessions, I work with the individuals to develop personalized learning plan, pretty much hold them by the hand as they embark on their career journey. These individuals are automatically members of the group coaching session, enjoy more personalized support via email, and their own 1:1 webinar session where we deal with their specific career pursuits and needs.
“Dapo is highly recommended as a trainer for both experienced and aspiring Business Analysts. His vast BA knowledge coupled with hands-on and practical teaching methods help to explain complex concepts in simple language. I especially love his post-class coaching sessions that go with his live training classes. My attendance of his training enhanced my BA skills and knowledge, increased my confidence and aided me in securing a BA role. I would encourage anyone interested in becoming a confident Business Analyst not to look further than Dapo’s training sessions. ~ Frances”
“Very knowledgeable instructor. A natural teacher with the ability to create scenarios around the course materials which made the course more understandable and interesting. ~ Stella”
“Detailed and excellent course! No regret taking this course as my objectives for taking it were realized. I love how interactive and engaging the class was! Great job! ~ Ola”